Questionable Grabble Words
- 10-19-2015 - A note from Badger This questionable word list is checked as time allows. Some words take longer to research, and discuss, than others. Such is the case with the English Language! As noted below, we cannot guarantee a timely response to such a request, nor will the game play be paused while we consider the request; in other words you must still make your move before the time runs out. Writing to GoldToken Support to pressure the "Word Smith Team" will NOT make this process faster, nor will we respond to any such messages.
|-------- WARNING: Only the Grabble Crew may remove words. --------|
|Anyone found deliberately removing other members' words from the Questionable Grabble Words list may lose their wiki editing abilities.|
- If the system rejects a word which you feel is a valid word, you may request that we add that word to our dictionary, but we cannot guarantee a timely response to such a request, nor will the game play be paused while we consider the request; in other words you must still make your move before the time runs out.
- Please also let us know words that should be removed.
Please post your Questionable English Grabble Words here for the Grabble Crew to look up.
- Please do not post any more 2 letter words. All allowable ones have been checked and no more will be added for a while. A list of all allowable ones that can be played, found here... Grabble FAQ... scroll to the bottom. Hg
We are using the following printed dictionaries:
- (US) The American Heritage 4th edition
- (UK) The Chambers Dictionary 9th Edition
- Both may be searched online though the online versions contain fewer words.
What kinds of words are not valid?
- Grabble does not allow abbreviations, short forms, acronyms, slang, non English words, proper nouns, infractions, interjections, prefixes or suffixes unless it forms a word in its own right, variant spellings, alternative spellings, obscure/obsolete words, or words not found in a modern dictionary.
- Any word that is not allowed on the discussion boards will not be allowed in Grabble either so please, do not even ask.
[ Other words
] <~~ This is for words that have previously been checked.
|Questionable word||Brief comment on why it should or should not be allowed |
|posable||Done Adjective: able to be posed; able to assume a particular attitude or stance. American Heritage Dictionary|
|marid-s||Done british ..spirits|
|recce-s||Not Valid - Slang visit-s ..|
|dzho||Valid and Currently Working - Please check game type and connections|
|scarers||Done please add s. A person who scares|
|conures||Done please add s. Long tail parrots often kept as pets|
|leben-s||Not Valid - Not found in either accepted dictionary britt ...... yogurt ....|
|cholents||Done please add s. A stew usually eaten before jewish sabbath|
|teloi||Done - aims, purposes plural of telos|
|creatin||Done an amino acid|
|snoozers||Done - Ones who nap plural of snoozer (accepted word)|
|jetters||Done more than one jetter |
|rasse||Done a civet ..|
|regna||Not Valid - Not found in either accepted dictionary plural of regum https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/regna|
|tam||Done - a Scottish cap|
|tat||Done - to make lace|
|seabag||Not Valid - Not found in either accepted dictionary the seaman had a full seabag upon reporting for duty|
|stig & stim||Not Valid - Not found in either accepted dictionary UK poor common sense|
|hutia||Done a cuban rat ...|
|huia||Done a bird ....|
|creosols||Done - Components of creosote please add s|
|trapt||Not Valid a tool .... http://www.yourdictionary.com/trapt|
|issei||Done immigrant ... https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us/dictionary/english/issei|
|medii||Done - Middle fingers plural of medius|
|zen||Done Non capital version of word in American Heritage as "the zen of cooking"|