|-------- WARNING: Only the Grabble Crew may remove words. --------|
|Anyone found deliberately removing other members' words from the Questionable AnyGrabble Words list may lose their wiki editing abilities.|
Please post your Questionable English AnyGrabble Words here for the Grabble Crew to look up.
- If the system rejects a word which you feel is a valid word, you may request that we add that word to our dictionary, but we cannot guarantee a timely response to such a request, nor will the game play be paused while we consider the request; in other words you must still make your move before the time runs out.
- To request that we add a word to our dictionary, please provide us with a reference to that word in an existing, reputable, internet-accessible dictionary.
- Please also let us know words that should be removed.
We are using the following printed dictionaries:
- (US) The American Heritage 4th edition
- (UK) The Chambers Dictionary 9th Edition
- Both may be searched online though the online versions contain fewer words.
What kinds of words are not valid?
- AnyGrabble does not allow acronyms, slang, non-English words, proper nouns, hyphenated words, abbreviations of multiple word phrases, infractions, interjections, plural endings, prefixes or suffixes unless it forms a word in its own right.
- Variant spellings, alternative spellings, obscure words, and abbreviations of single words are fair game.
- Any word that is not allowed on the discussion boards will not be allowed in AnyGrabble either so please, do not even ask.
[ Other words
] <~~ This is for words that have previously been checked.
|Questionable word||Brief comment on why it should or should not allowed|
|imit||Done abbreviation of imitation|
|vaw||Not Valid - not found in either accepted dictionary|
|perm||Valid and Currently Working for AnyGrabble (not Grabble) - Please check game type and connections can be an abbreviation of permanent as in permanent wave, a term used by hairdressers in Britain.|
Currently valid 2 letter words ~~~> Grabble Two Letter Word List
& [ Main: AnyGrabble Two Letter Word List
Don't worry if you accidentally muck up the wiki. No info will be lost, and it's fairly easy to fix.
If you don't know where to post, then put your word right at the bottom of this page and we'll find it.
If you click 'Edit this page', don't forget to click either save
when you're finished. If you just leave the page and go somewhere else then no one else can edit the wiki for 30 minutes.