Life Hacks - Share yours or get help from others! - Hosted by Lil Red
Please read the Discussion Board Rules before participating in the discussion boards.
All those life hacks that might make your life a little less stressful? Post them here!
Feel free to post if you tried one, and if it worked or not. Your hacks and input are appreciated!
Hacks can be your own or gotten from the internet. Let's do this! We all love life hacks to make life easier for all!
Post your favorite life hack for a chance to win a token. (unknown photo)
PLEASE click Post a new comment to make it easier to create a poll.
Only one entry per player will be eligible. If a player posts more than one, the first hack will be used.
Thanks, now let's get those hacks posted.
div>Replies to this message:
(#5308176) 8 Thanksgiving Leftovers You Can Store in the Freezer and 3 You Can't
Posted by HeartOnFire on 20 Nov 2021 at 10:47PM
8 Thanksgiving Leftovers You Can Store in the Freezer and 3 You Can't:
1) Turkey meat - up to 2 mos. remove meat from bone, slicing will help to defrost evenly, pour a bit of gravy over meat so it will retain it's moisture.
2) Turkey Carcass - up to 2 mos. If you can't make stock within a couple of days, seal in a heavy-duty freezer bag. Can use later to make turkey stock for soups.
3) Mashed Potatoes - up to 1 yr. Freeze in dollop portions on baking sheet until solid, then freeze in freezer bag or airtight container.
4) Sweet Potatoes – up to 1 yr. Freezes well, whether you're freezing roasted potatoes or a casserole. Marshmallows and crumbles don't freeze well, add fresh when reheating sweet potatoes.
5. Some Gravies - up to 4 mos. Flour-based gravies can be frozen, milk-based gravies will separate when defrosted. Seal in the smallest airtight container.
6) Cranberry Sauce – up to 2 months. Both homemade and store-bought sauces, even canned, can be frozen. Leave headspace in jar, sauce will expand during freezing.
7) Some Pies – up to 2 mos. Most freeze well, especially apple, pecan, and pumpkin. Fluffy pies, like chiffon and mousse don't freeze well. Defrost slowly in refrigerator, the texture may change slightly.
8) Stuffing – up to 1 mo. Stuffing is quite resilient, go ahead and freeze in a tightly sealed bag. After defrosting, toast stuffing on a baking sheets to refresh texture.
1) Baked and twice-baked potatoes
2) Green bean casserole
These items do not freeze well, go ahead and eat them within a couple of days.
©2000-2022 GoldToken.com LLC. All rights reserved.