Questionable Grabble Words
- 10-19-2015 - A note from Badger This questionable word list is checked as time allows. Some words take longer to research, and discuss, than others. Such is the case with the English Language! As noted below, we cannot guarantee a timely response to such a request, nor will the game play be paused while we consider the request; in other words you must still make your move before the time runs out. Writing to GoldToken Support to pressure the "Word Smith Team" will NOT make this process faster, nor will we respond to any such messages.
|-------- WARNING: Only the Grabble Crew may remove words. --------|
|Anyone found deliberately removing other members' words from the Questionable Grabble Words list may lose their wiki editing abilities.|
- If the system rejects a word which you feel is a valid word, you may request that we add that word to our dictionary, but we cannot guarantee a timely response to such a request, nor will the game play be paused while we consider the request; in other words you must still make your move before the time runs out.
- Please also let us know words that should be removed.
Please post your Questionable English Grabble Words here for the Grabble Crew to look up.
- Please do not post any more 2 letter words. All allowable ones have been checked and no more will be added for a while. A list of all allowable ones that can be played, found here... Grabble FAQ... scroll to the bottom. Hg
We are using the following printed dictionaries:
- (US) The American Heritage 4th edition
- (UK) The Chambers Dictionary 9th Edition
- Both may be searched online though the online versions contain fewer words.
What kinds of words are not valid?
- Grabble does not allow abbreviations, short forms, acronyms, slang, non English words, proper nouns, infractions, interjections, prefixes or suffixes unless it forms a word in its own right, variant spellings, alternative spellings, obscure/obsolete words, or words not found in a modern dictionary.
- Any word that is not allowed on the discussion boards will not be allowed in Grabble either so please, do not even ask.
[ Other words
] <~~ This is for words that have previously been checked.
|Questionable word||Brief comment on why it should or should not be allowed |
|ligulas||Done - Tongue-like parts please add s|
|seisor/s||Not Valid - Variant of seizor one who takes legal possession of land|
|keet's||Not Valid - Not found birds|
|koi-s||Not Valid - koi is singular and plural please add s ...|
|synechia||Done an adhesion in parts of the body|
|patzer/s||Not Valid - Slang an ameteurish chess player|
|agism||Done discrimination against the elderly|
|retinols||Done - Oils distilled from resin please add s|
|moro||Removed Pls remove - Proper noun Name for a specific group of Muslims.|
|fie||Done - doomed; under the shadow of death; forseeing the future posting for bowler|
|souks||Done please add s A market|
|holist/s||Done - One who practices a form of medicine focusing on the whole person|
|marmite/s||Done an earthenware cooking pot|
|chamises||Done please add s. An evergreen shrub|
|spurtles||Done please add s. A stick used for stirring porridge etc.|
|moilers||Done please add s. To work hard|
|aula-s-e||Not Valid - Latin the brain ... https://www.merriam-webster.com/medical/aula|
|falchions||Done please add s. A sword|
|pandemic||Done an epidemic over a large area|
|dafter||Done to be more daft|